The solenoid plays an important role in the industry. It is a basic electrical appliance, known as the “king of electric appliances”. The continuous development of the magnet and iron removal equipment market and the intensification of competition, users have higher requirements on both the quality and production efficiency. In order to improve the quality and production efficiency of solenoid, the solenoid manufacturer should enrich product categories, enhance product visibility of product, improve the research and application of solenoid, and promote the development of whole industry.
Applications of solenoid
Solenoids are mainly used in aerospace, machinery, metallurgy, mining, shipbuilding, power electronics, coal, power tools, transportation, lifting and transportation, home appliances, motors, door locks, textile machinery, game machines, medical equipment, fitness equipment, Manufacturers, operators, professional buyers, overseas traders, office equipment, vending machines, vending machines, smart toys, building materials, chemicals, automated machinery, plastics, glass, cement, paper, food, feed, water treatment, etc. Universities, research institutes, and other related industries.
How to select solenoid manufacturer?
- Determine the required voltage of the solenoid
- DC solenoid
- AC solenoid
- Determine the shape and performance of the required solenoid
According to the shape of the electromagnet can be divided into:
- frame solenoid
- Round tube solenoid (tubular solenoid)
According to the performance of solenoid, it can be divided into:
- permanent solenoid
- door lock solenoid (lock type solenoid)
- flapper solenoid
- massage solenoids
- solenoid coil
- Determine the working mode of the required electromagnet:
- pull solenoid
- push solenoid
- holding magnets solenoid
- rotary solenoid
- Determine the stroke of the required solenoid, the force requirement within the stroke range, power frequency (the longest energization time and the shortest power-off time).
- After determining the above parameters of solenoid, select the solenoid manufacturers with relative production capacity, after the field trip, we will decide.
Kaidi is a leading solenoid manufacturer in China, we have introduced technology of solenoid from BOSCH, and our products have been exported to Italy, Turkey, UK, India, USA, and other countries around the world. Our products mainly include Rexroth, Yuken, Vickers, Parker on-off solenoid, proportional solenoid, displacement sensor, and custom solenoid as you need. Besides, we also supply various types of solenoid coil.
Notes for using solenoid
To ensure the reliable work and longer service life of the solenoid (including all kinds of rotating solenoids, push-pull solenoids, direct-acting solenoids, tubular solenoids, door-lock solenoids, permanent solenoids, transformers, etc.), When choosing various types of solenoid, we should pay attention to the following aspects:
- The current rate (or power-on rate) is the ratio of the coil energization time to the off time. In addition to the power-on rate, the maximum power-on time is sometimes noted. This is to prevent the miswork or use life reduction of solenoid caused by coil temperature rises excessively. Therefore, please use solenoid below the specified value.
- The product of the current value passed through the coil and the number of coil turn is calculated as Tampere turns. And the mechanical output force of the solenoid is proportional to the ampere-turns.
- The change of coil temperature will cause a change of the overall performance of the solenoid. When the coil is turned on and the voltage is applied, the temperature of the coil will gradually rise, and the resistance of the coil will increase accordingly. The current through the coil will decrease, resulting in a decrease in the ampere-turns, and the mechanical output of the solenoid gets smaller. The coil data and characteristic data listed on the general product sample or catalog are based on an ambient temperature of 20 °C.
- The solenoid is an inductive load with high inductance. Therefore, when the energization voltage is disconnected, the control contact will generate an arc and be damaged. So, appropriate contact protection measures should be taken. There are generally two methods to choose, namely diode insertion or capacitor insertion. When the capacitor insertion method is selected, the matching resistance value and capacitor value should be confirmed on the specific circuit to decide the constant.
- In order to effectively control the temperature rise of the coil, the solenoid can be used normally even when the ampere-turns is large. Pasting the heat sink on the mounting surface of the solenoid is a common way to help heat dissipation. The size of the heat sink can be referred to the recommended size in the coil data sheet. If the heat sink is smaller than the recommended size, it should be used at a voltage lower than the operating voltage shown in the coil data sheet.
- The relationship between the current rate and the ampere-turns is shown in the following table.
- In the high temperature and high humidity environment, when the solenoid case is grounded, there is a possibility that a voltage difference is formed between the coil and the outer case due to different wiring manners, thereby causing electrical corrosion and breaks the coil. Therefore, to avoid grounding the negative pole of the power supply and using the switch on the negative side.