A solenoid brake is a connector that transmits the torque from the active side to the passive side and can be freely combined, cut or braken as needed. Due to the use of electromagnetic force to move, said electromagnetic clutch, brake, with a quick response, simple structure and other advantages, is widely used in mechanical hardware equipment. Electromagnetic brake in the performance of the main outstanding: high-speed response, durability, assembly, and maintenance is easy, do not need to carry outwear adjustment, the action is indeed, can be adjusted torsion.
The Application of Solenoid Brake
Solenoid brake can be used in many fields of mechanical equipment, such as packaging machinery, metal processing machinery, printing machinery, woodworking machinery, office machinery, measurement machinery, video processing machinery and so on.
- Packaging machinery: packaging machine, baling machine
- Metal processing machinery: calendaring machine, stretching machine, punching machine, welding machine, copper wall iron wall wire return machine, cutting machine, pipe making machine.
- Mechanical machinery: lathe, milling machine, automatic CNC bed.
- Paper machinery: bag making machine, carton machine, bookmaking machine, cutting machine, paper copying machine.
- Woodworking machinery: sawing machine, woodworking machine, plywood machinery.
Ways for Maintenance of Solenoids
About the maintenance of solenoids, there are several aspects need to note. The movable part of solenoid brake should add lubricant regularly and check the armature travel length regularly. Because in the running process of the brake, the armature’s travel length will increase due to the wear of the section moving surface. When the armature travel length does not reach the normal value, it must be adjusted to restore the minimum gap between the braking surface and the rotary table. If the length of the armature stroke is increased above the normal value, the suction can be greatly reduced. When the worn brake surface is replaced, the minimum clearance between the braking surface and the turntable should be adjusted appropriately. Always check bolts for tightness, especially solenoid bolts, solenoid and housing bolts, magnetic yoke bolts, solenoid coil bolts, and connection bolts. Regularly check the mechanical wear of the moving parts and remove dust, bristles, and dirt from the surface of the solenoid parts.
Precautions When Installing the Solenoid Brake
- The surface of the solenoid core shall be clean and free from corrosion.
- The armature of the solenoid and its transmission mechanism should move quickly, accurately and reliably without jamming. The armature of DC electromagnet should be magnetically isolated.
- When the armature of the solenoid brake is sucked, the contact surface of the core should be in close contact with its fixed part, and there should be no abnormal sound.
- For the solenoid brake with the buffer device, the bolt of buffer hole should be adjusted to make the armature move smoothly to the final position without violent impact.
- DC solenoid brake with an air gap as remanence gap, the position of armature stroke pointer should accord with the specification of product technical document.
- The fixed position of traction solenoid should be precisely matched with the push rod of the valve so that the action stroke can meet the requirements of the equipment.
- When the lifting solenoid is energized for the first time, it shall be carried out under the condition of no load, and the no-load current shall comply with the provisions of the product technical document.
- For solenoid with special requirement, the current of absorption and release should be measured, and the value should accord with the specification of product technical document and design requirement.
- The solenoid action of double motor lock and single motor lock should be flexible and consistent.