Voltage, also called potential difference, is the physical quantity for measuring energy domain of unit charge produced by the different potential in the static electric field. The voltage direction is the direction from high to low voltage. The system international unit for voltage is volt or V for short, the common unit includes mV, μV, and kV, etc.
Before we discuss the voltage for the solenoid valve, we should learn what is the solenoid? The solenoid valve is the actuator is controlled by the electromagnetism. As we all know, the solenoid valve is controlled by the solenoid coil, the voltage for solenoid coil has two types of AC and DC. The common voltage for solenoid valve includes AC12V, 24V, 110V, 220V, and DC 24V, 48V, etc. There are many different voltage types in every country around the world.
Voltage for solenoid valve list
For most countries, indoor electricity adopt 220~230V voltage due to the advantages of high-voltage, such as power saving, high thermal efficiency, and etc.
- 110V: Japan, North Korea;
- 110~130v: UK, German, France, China, Singapore, Hong Kong(200V), Italy, Spanish, Philippine, Thailand, Norse land, India, New Zealand, Australia;
Tip1: Sometimes, the countries who use 220~230V also require 110~130V simultaneously, such as Sweden and Russia.
|Country/ State||Single-phase voltage (volts)||Three-phase Voltage (volts)||Frequency (hertz)|
Common problems caused by voltage shortage
For all electrical equipment, there is a rated voltage for them. In the applications, it is unavoidable to work under the voltage that is bigger or less than the rated voltage. Generally, working voltage is limited to ±15% of rated voltage. If the voltage is less than -15% of rated voltage, we called this situation voltage shortage. What will happen when the voltage shortage appeared?
- Solenoid valve have pull-in problem, and if the problem continues too much time, the solenoid valve will be burnt out;
- Jitter, noise, abnormal on-off switch, higher currents;
- For ac solenoid, two irons cannot connect, and keep on-state for a long time;
- For dc solenoid, solenoid coil will raise temperature and be broken;
Kaidi is a Chinese solenoid manufacturer specializes in AC and DC solenoid. We provide on-off solenoid, proportional solenoid for Rexroth, Yuken and Vickers solenoid valve with competitive price and best service. Besides, we also customize solenoid according to different requirements.